Data Stores in Start Up Land, No Size Fits All!
In this interactive Q&A event we will learn from Ben Regenspan, the CTO of Soho Tech Labs (a Lerer Ventures Incubator), many database and startup insights including:
- What was the hardest parts of scaling the HuffingtonPost?
- Why use Redis? Where is Redis best-suited?
- Why use MongoDB? Can't we just use MongoDB instead of Redis and MySQL?
- How does the Lerer Ventures incubator come up with and execute projects? How quickly can you build a new venture?
- Does CasaHop really use Postgres? Why???
- How is RebelMouse growing so fast with so few scaling issues?
- Is Oracle killing MySQL?
- How do you work with a globally-distributed international development team?
Soho Tech Labs,
a Lerer Ventures Incubator
Ben Regenspan is the CTO of Soho Tech Labs, a Lerer Ventures Incubator. He was Lead Social Developer at Huffington Post, where he played a key role in building social features that allowed Huffington Post to grow and innovate. He is also a world-renowned scarf collector and inappropriate Tweeter.